Current Employment Opportunities with Western Architectural
Building Envelope, Forensic Engineer
Western Architectural seeks a licensed professional engineer/building envelope consultant to join our Portland, Oregon office. Position focuses on a wide array of building science and building envelope consulting services for new construction, construction defect assessments and remediation, as well as expert witness testimony for construction defect litigation.
A building envelope engineer for Western Architectural is a building forensic expert performing the following functions:
- New construction or remodel plan assessment and drafting of recommended design or construction requirements to ensure the integrity of the building envelope
- Construction defect building damage and problem source assessments
- Creation of design drawings, plans and specifications for repair of buildings damaged due to envelope failure
- Oversight of new construction and building repairs to ensure compliance with envelope design plans and specifications
- Structural engineering support of company architectural assessments, drawings, plans and specifications
- Building damage, source and repair documentation in compliance with legal standards used in damage liability legal proceedings
- Expert witness courtroom testimony as needed for building construction and damage assessment, problem causes and sources, etc.
- Management of all client needs and requests from initial contact to project completion
- Optimizing client satisfaction, project performance and profit targets for each project and annually
Includes forensic analysis of building envelope failures, advanced flashing, rain screen and air barrier systems, assessment and rehabilitation of historic structures, design, field-testing, and construction observations.
Must be a hands-on engineer with building envelope/building science background, ready to perform calculations and able to develop construction documents for new and rehabilitation projects working independently, while meeting time lines and budget requirements.
A structural engineer with construction law, and expert witness/trial experience preferred, including technical analysis and report writing skills.
Architectural Intern, Engineer in Training or Equivalent
Western Architectural seeks an Architectural Intern, Engineer in Training or Equivalent to join our Portland, Oregon office. This junior position focuses on a wide array of building science and building envelope consulting services, and requires the ability to provide hands-on services in the field, including work on roofs. Duties include building envelope condition assessments, compliance reviews, project management, construction administration and designing details for new envelopes and envelope repair. Forensic analysis of building envelope failures, including roof, walls, siding, windows and below grade. Degree in Architecture or Engineering required.
Western Architectural www.westernarchitectural.com is one of the premier forensic architecture and engineering firms serving the Western United States. We are an EEO employer.
Email resume: info@ westernarchitectural.com